Sep 15, 2021
This will probably become a series of occasional bonus
episodes in which Ada Palmer and Jo Walton discuss manga and anime
with an eye to its innovations, cultural norms, and wider
implications for the media landscape.
- Gender and age marketing categories in manga.
- Translation of Japanese onomatopoeia (sound-effect
- The influence of organized communities of fandom on a
- A story-formula and set of character archetypes called "moe"
- Moe's reliable merchandising profit, resulting in more
- Availability of manga on devices both broadening and
narrowing market categories.